Okay, so I am not a very political person. In fact political discussion makes my skin crawl. I grew up in a Republican world so to speak. My parents never really talked politics, but it was understood in my church, etc that you were supposed to be Republican. I never voted until last year…it just didn’t interest me- I know, not a good thing.
Anyway, I tried to become interested this year- as an Independent so to speak. I am not choosing a party, but a person. I have listened intently to Obama and McCain and both of their running mates. I have read what I can about all of them. The only conclusion that I have come to is that both sides just really annoy me. They both stand up there and lie and say what everyone wants them to say and everyone eats it up as if it were true- it’s not. It kills me how one party will argue about the candidate on the other side, apparently not realizing that their candidate is doing the EXACT SAME THING. Oh my gosh!! I REALLY don’t understand how people eat this junk up.
As far as issues are concerned… Yes, I am against abortion personally, but is THAT the thing that will affect most Americans? Is that really what people base their decision on? Is it not anything to do with how the economy needs to improve or any issue that affects EVERY American? Does it not drive anyone else crazy that they get up there and talk about changing America in all of these different ways, but can’t tell exactly HOW they will do it. Just statements like “we are going to cut taxes, we are going to provide better education”---ummmmm, how? Will women really vote based on a VP being a woman and no other reason? I am sure a lot of it is the “unbiased” media speaking.
Sorry, just had to get this off of my chest. Everyone seems SO biased one way or the other and don’t understand where I am coming from. I wish everyone could step back and look at it from the angle of completely not caring which party and really listen to what they are all saying. It blows my mind. Maybe I am just stupid…
Oh and if I hear about McCain being a P.O.W one more time I think my brains will blow up. Not saying I wont vote for him in the end or respect the fact that he served our country, but I am sick of that being the answer he gives even when it isn’t the question.
1 comment:
A-men, sista! I have actually been in the same "political dilemma" boat that you have this election. I have been doing my research, watching all the CNBC, Fox News, blah blah that I can, and even went as far to buying the memoirs by McCain & Obama. Since it's now narrowed down to the two, it really simplified things for me. My choice is not based on what others are saying, or some random email forward, but on my gut, and who I feel will actually have a more realistic chance of accomplishing these so-called promises they are making. I do agree that the details need to be there on how they plan to carry out such major changes, and feel like they do just say what everyone wants to hear.
Post a Comment