Mason dressed up as Baby Jesus last night while we read him the story of Christmas. Actually we couldnt find his hat so we put a blanket on his head and all the nurses talked about how he looked like little baby Jesus. He is just too cute. :)Mason is still doing well. He is up to 4 pounds 2 ounces now and is growing like a weed. It is funny how excited I am about him being 4 pounds and yet he still has a long way to go to be the size of a full term baby. They took his food up on calories (fortifying breastmilk) so that he would pack on those ounces faster. The last time they did that is when his tummy got too hard and they had to stop all feeds. My fingers are crossed he will tolerate it this time. He is doing so well and needs his food or he gets cranky. I totally don't blame him.
My favorite time is kangaroo time. This is when Mason and I snuggle skin to skin to keep each other warm. He loves it too and falls asleep very quickly every time. Apparently he can hear my heartbeat and can recognize it from when he was in my tummy. Crazy!! I just love the fact that he has his little hand on my chest in this picture. Love those little hands! :)

3 comments:
he is growing fast! so proud of that little guy! and enjoy those cuddling moments. extra bonding for mommy and baby! occasionally, we still let Holden nap on us and we love it!
That picture is the sweetest thing I've seen today, all cuddled up with mommy! Glad to hear he's doing so well, and growing! Still praying!!
He is really growing! I love the kangaroo time, that is so precious. Snuggling is the best--every night when Hannah and I have our snuggle/rocking time I always cherish it because one day she won't think that is so cool :-) Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment