Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mother's Day and other happenings...


I had the BEST first Mother's Day! Mason was so thoughtful and took some money from his Mommy and Daddy's checking account and went and bought me a beautiful watch. He did a great job picking it out and I LOVE it! I will remember him everyday when I put it on...not that I don't think about him constantly anyway. We celebrated with Brady's family on Saturday at their house. I cooked salmon, wild rice, salad and zucchini with feta for dinner. YUM! Sunday we went to Trail Dust with my family. It was Mason's first trip to a restraunt, and he did great! These pictures are what we gave my mom and Judy for their gift...they LOVED them! :)


Mother's Day was also my Grandmommy's 89th birthday. She is showing strong signs of Alzheimers and so we threw her a birthday party just in case this was the last she'd remember. The whole family came and it was a great time. I was the official picture taker...another good reason to splurge on that camera I want!! Each family got her a pot of flowers.



These are just some recent pictures of Mason. He is a big boy now. He thinks he needs to sit up all the time now...no laying down anymore. He went and slept in his big boy crib last night...UPSTAIRS...by himself. It was MUCH harder for me than him! ha. He did super and slept from 11-8 with one 20 minute bottle around 5. Then he slept from 8-10:30 on my chest. Ahhhhhh...SLEEEEEEEEP! It was wonderful!! He can turn from tummy to back now. We are starting cereal by spoon today so we can learn how to eat our fruits and veggies in a couple of weeks. He is just getting so big...at least he thinks so!

We walked in the Pre-Eclampsia awareness walk last weekend as well...yes, VERY busy weekend. We had a great time. It was Mason's first walk in the stroller. He loved it! Lots of firsts lately...first shopping trip to Target too. He is so good!!

1 comment:

Melodie said...

cute pictures. yeah, enjoy all that out and about while he fits nicely in his carrier and is so content to be there. we are at a whole other stage now. it's great and all, but sometimes a challenge. :) he looks like he is doing so well! happy 1st mother's day to you.