Friday, October 16, 2009

Lots of Random Stuff

Wow...time seems to be flying by. I guess the old saying "time flies when you're having fun" is true. Can it really be the middle of October? I meant to put out my fall decor weeks ago and here we are almost ready for Christmas...well according to the stores anyway.

As I have said before I have about 20 birthday's, the holidays, anniversary, several other events, Christmas parties etc to attend in the next 5 months. My weekends are filled with parties here and there and everywhere. My waistline has already started busting out of my pants...in OCTOBER. I still have Halloween candy, birthday cakes, turkey/dressing, and Christmas treats to go. OH NO!! What to do? Bigger pants or miss out? I know it seems like an easy choice, but for someone that loves food...it isn't!! Hmmmm...

Mason is doing super...he is becoming a little stinker and he knows it!! Not in a bad way...he just thinks he is super hilarious. And...he is!! He eats his socks and falls backwards unannounced and then giggles at himself. He now says MAMA!! Love it! :) His new thing is to say "eh" and then I say it and we go back and forth until we are both laughing uncontrollably. You would think it'd get old, but it doesn't. I love making that boy laugh. He also laughs SO hard if I pretend to hiccup. The really funny part about it is that if Brady is sitting there and does the EXACT same thing as me, Mason looks at him like he is crazy...then I do it and all giggles again.

His little tooth FINALLY broke through the gums yesterday. YAY! I am hoping that means several to follow. I am ready for this boy to be able to chew...he has to be sick of mushed food. Still no crawling...although he will scoot or turn in circle on his belly now. It is like he doesnt realize his legs will move. He can get where he needs to go as long as it isnt too far away. Now walking...he LOVES holding on to us to walk. He can hold to tables and chairs by himself and take a few steps before losing balance. We are practicing standing alone and trying to gain balance. He is getting better each time. He is climbing on us and on the furniture (with guidance). So even without the crawling he is a mess. Ha. He weighs between 18 and 18.5 pounds now. Still small, but catching up.

We got a new camera a few weeks ago and already have about 500 pictures on it. All but about 20 are of just Mason...playing in his playroom. Poor kid. I really don't know what to do with all of them. Just too cute! ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Anyway, I leave you with the cuteness that is Mason Layne! Enjoy! :)










2 comments:

MacKinnon Madness said...

I enjoyed looking at your blog (especially when Mason was so little). He's super cute by the way! Thank you for your encouraging posts to me. They have helped me hang in there knowing I'm not the 1st, nor the last, mom to go through all of this. Traci

Melodie said...

Debra, he just keeps getting cuter and cuter! we're in texas now, so we'll definitely have to do a playdate with you guys, and Rebecca in the near future.