Mason is now 21 months old and has led a pretty sheltered life. Beyond hanging out with his cousins (12, 9, and 3) he has not ever played with any other children. This is mostly due to the delicate SEVERAL months after a preemie is born. We had to be SUPER careful not to let him get RSV. The first year was critical, and the 2nd season (Ocotber-April) was still dangerous, so we kept him away from other kids.
Anyway, after April of this year I was going to start playdates and taking him to Sunday School, etc. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllll, life got busy...vacations, and events and having to give up my half-days at the office didn't help any.
SO, about 3 weeks ago I was asked if I would "teach" the Walkers at church...kiddos around 15 months-2.5 years. I agreed (with my husband helping too) to do so...I figured it would be a great opportunity to introduce Mason to other kids without the trauma (for me- ha) of just leaving him with children and a stranger at the door. Plus, my dad is back full time now at work and I cancelled Mason's Tuesday food therapy (whole other post), so I have my half-day Wednesdays back!!
All this back story to say that Wednesday playdates are a must now. In fact, we invited Max over last week and they did great together. Mason was a little unsure about sharing his toys at first, but it didnt take him long to get used to it. They played for a long while and ended the time with a cute little hug and kiss bye-bye. Yay for friends!! Also, Sunday was our first time to teach the little kiddos. Oh my, they are cute. Mason did fine. I think it is a little hard to share mommy and daddy with the others, but he really did do well. All of the kids did, in fact. All boys...and man are they fun!! AND ENERGETIC!!
I am just soooooo glad to finally be able to get Mason involved in activities with other kiddos. He SO needs this!!
*FYI Melodie, since you are probably the only one reading this...if you have a free Wednesday coming up soon, lets plan something with Amanda and us!! :)
1 comment:
i really have been meaning to email you. will do that now!
Post a Comment