Tuesday, July 27, 2010

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N Twenty Ten *Revised*

*Well my post dissappeared, so here it is again (what I remember of it).

This year Brady, Mason and I flew to Colorado to meet my parents and my brother, his wife and kids. It was Mason's first time on an airplane and he did awesome!! Anyway, we flew in to Denver and then spent a week in Estes Park, near Rocky Mountain National Forest. It was BEAUTIFUL there and so much to see and do. We did a lot of sight-seeing, wildlife viewing, fishing, driving, eating, walking around beautiful lakes, relaxing, shopping, biking, etc.

The first meal there was a nice treat...so nice, in fact, that I got food poisoning, ended up in the emergency room with severe dehydration and intense stomach cramping. I thought I was going to die. Morphine was given for the pain and 3 units of hydration fluids. I made it and enjoyed the rest of the stay.

We saw elk, deer, a moose, fox, marmots, chipmunks, etc. The only thing we did not see was a bear BUT I did hear one at the trash bin behind our cabin. It was loud, kept me awake. I could see a shadow every now and then, but could not make out that it was a bear...I know it was though by the mess the next morning...plus my brother and Jaret saw one there while they were fishing a few days earlier.

After Estes Park, we headed to Colorado Springs for a couple of days. I could have stayed another week to fit in everything i wanted to do. We did a lot in a day and 1/2. The zoo was amazing and I WILL be going back next time we visit "The Springs". We even went over to Cripple Creek to gamble...I mean ride the train. No really, we did not spend one penny gambling there, but don't think I wouldnt have if we had the time. :) It is vacation after all.

Mason found a new love while were in Colorado...FRENCH FRIES. NOT my child. Ew. I let him though, as hard as it is for this potato hatin' girl. I mean HUGE step with our food adversion...prior to this trip he gagged on the mushy inside. Now, he gobbles them up saying "num, num, num" the entire time. HA! So yay, new food!

Anyway, I wrote day by day adventures in the last post...too much this time, but you get a taste in the photos. And yes, the trip actually went in reverse order of the pictures, but I am too lazy to fix it.
Enjoy...



Seven Falls in Colorado Springs...Brady and I got a date night.

Cripple Creek/Victor Train Ride

Train outside of the Depot we ate at for lunch

Gorilla at the Co Springs zoo...my son is sticking his tongue out at him. super. ha Mason would have ridden the carousel all day


Elephants about to trample us...yikes. :)

Feeding Mr. Girrafe...so cool

Garden of the Gods balancing rock

Rocky Mountain National park sign...obviously
After riding the tram to the top of Estes Park

Feeding ground squirrels and chipmunks

This was an ark in Estes Park made to resemble Noah's Ark---filled with stuffed animals. It was really neat!

Family photo at Bear Lake

Mason got his Jr. Ranger badge for finding lots of animals

This was a very old ranch in Estes Park that is still working today. Very neat.

Stanly Hotel- this is where The Shining was filmed in room 217. It is said to be haunted today.

At the park, playing in a little house

Riding a little cart. It was SO much fun even though I looked dorky! Mason loved it.
Sprague Lake...beautiful and cool there.
Lilly Lake...again beautiful.
Lily Lake
After eating at a restaurant we took pictures on the sculptures.
Not sure of this lake name, but it was the day after my hospital stay so I didnt care. ha.
Helping Pappy fish.
Taking a break from our scenic drive to Grand Lake
Gorgeous...Rocky Mountain National Park
Alpine Visitor Center...not feeling so great here. ha.

1 comment:

Melodie said...

loved seeing the pictures of our similar vacations. if only we had been there 1 week later!