This is Jaret on vacation this passed summer...he had just scraped his stomach on a rock...sad that this is the latest pic I have of him by himself. ha
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Photo Day 24- Photo of Me and a Family Member
Whew...I had to get the "craving" photos off of the front page. I mean, I am craving those things but can not have them, so seeing the pictures was not helping any at all!! And I am WAY passed due again on posting. So, me and a family member it is...or maybe just a photo of a family member without me. What is the deal...I am in like no photos. I choose my nephew Jaret.
Jaret was born January 18, 1998 and I remember it as well as I do having my own child. I had been in Health Science classes my senior year in high school and got to do rotations in the local hospital. One area I "worked" in was labor and delivery and I got to see a few births during that time. Because of that, my sister-in-law asked me to be in the room with her and my brother when he was born. January 17th I was out with a couple of friends at Sonic...we were eating ice cream I believe, right Rebecca? Anyway, my parents were out of town and I got the call. We rushed and packed up a bag for them since they left their house before doing that. Then we waited...we went home...my parents headed back home late at night. The next morning I was called about 6AM to get to the hospital. I was given the camera and the video camera and told to get the first photos/video of his life. While my sister-in-law pushed, my brother held her hand... and me...well I was in the position of watching Jaret being born. I know...sounds ummmmm, well weird seeing your sis-in-law like that, BUT I have to say the only thought in my mind was the baby, not anything else! haha. So, a little bit later there he came...and I saw him first(even before his mom and dad) and I took his first photos literally as he came out and cord was cut, and I took the first video of him. I was the one that got to announce to the grandparents in the waiting room that they had a new grandson. All at only 18 years of age. He just turned 13 this year...makes me feel old. But I have always had a special connection to him and always will. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment