I was not on my computer at all yesterday, sooooo:
Day 4- I am thankful for family time. I feel so fortunate to live close to my parents (like next door) and pretty close to my in-laws. One thing that my family does EVERY week is eat lunch together on Sunday after church. We usually go to my parents house or sometimes out to a restaurant. A lot of times when it is nice outside, like yesterday, we hang around outside with the kids while they play or take gator/4 wheeler rides out in the pasture or go fishing at the ponds behind our homes.
On Saturday we spent the day with my husband's parents, my brother-in-law and his wife and went and walked around at a nature reserve in Plano. It's just nice to have a family that enjoys spending time together.
Day 5- I am thankful for my grandparents. Today would have been my Nanny's 94th birthday. She passed away in March, but I think of her often. Both of my grandfather's passed away years ago, but I do still remember a lot of fun times with them. I do still have one grandmother living, however, she has completely lost her mind and her only memories are of her childhood. All this to say, they were ALL great role models for me. Both sets had strong marriages and they all worked hard to provide for their family. I had the priviledge to stay with them during the summers when I was young so I got to spend a lot of time with them. Some favorite memories:
Nanny- her chicken fried steak, going to the beauty shop with her, watching Price is Right, and the stories she told me before bed when I spent the night
Papa- teaching me to ride horses, taking SLoooooooW drives with him through the country roads, his dogs that he would train to do tricks, watching him milk the cows
Grandmommy- her fried chicken, going shopping with her, "performing" for her out on their patio, singing silly songs together
Granddaddy- riding around in his truck with him, him popping out his fake teeth to be funny, the overalls he'd wear when he was working, teaching me how to fish.
No comments:
Post a Comment